Sony has announced in the past few hours that PlayStation Network users now have the option to change their username (from 11 April 2019 onwards), after the feature had been requested by consumers for a long time. Let’s quickly see in our guide how the thing will work and what procedure you should follow.
How to change name on PlayStation Network
To change name on PSN you have two vide: do it directly from PS4 or do it via web browser , on smartphone, computer or any other platform with Internet access.
Change PSN ID on PS4
To change your username via PS4, you must follow the steps below:
- Log in to PS4 and go to [Settings]
- Select the entry [Account Management]
- Select [Account information]
- SelezionateÂ [Profile]
- Select [Online ID]
- Follow the on-screen instructions to choose the name and complete your change.
Change PSN ID on web browser
From a web broswer, the procedure is the following:
- Access the official website
- Go next to your Online ID and click on Edit
- Enter the new Online ID you want to use
- Follow the instructions to save the changes.
How much does it cost to change username on PSN?
Sony has announced that the feature has a cost of 9.99 € for each change . If, on the other hand, you subscribe to PlayStation Plus , the cost is reduced to 4.99 € for every change. If you don’t like your new username and want to go back to the old one, you can do it for free .
Are there limits to the number of times I can change PSN ID?
Sony has announced that there will be no limitations . By paying the amount you pay each time, you can change your username on the PlayStation Network whenever you feel the need.
We hope that this brief guide may have dispelled your doubts!