Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and NetherRealm Studios unveiled today a new gameplay trailer for Mortal Kombat 11 for Shang Tsung, with voice and facial features of actor Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa who played the character in the popular 1995 film ‘Mortal Kombat’.
The anime thief sorcerer is the first of six playable characters included in the Mortal Kombat 11 Kombat Pack, able to guarantee the best Mortal Kombat 11 gaming experience with new and continuous downloadable content (DLC).
The Kombat Pack of Mortal Kombat 11, which had the best launch ever in the history of the franchise, includes:
- Spawn will enter the ranks of Mortal Kombat 11 as a new guest character, along with two other guest fighters not yet announced
- Three Klassic Kombattents will return to the DLC: Â Shang Tsung, Â NightwolfÂ and Sindel
- Dedicated skins and equipment for each DLC character
- Ninja Mime skins and equipment Johnny Cage
- 18 bonus skins for fighters already present
- One week of early access to the contents listed above
All the exclusive characters, skins and sets will be released in the coming months, starting with Shang Tsung on June 18th as part of early access. The Kombat Pack is now available as part of the Mortal Kombat 11 Premium Edition at € 99.99 or separately at € 39.99.
Below is more information on the new characters in the Kombat Pack:
- Spawn: Character created by Todd McFarlane, is the protagonist of one of the best-selling and most long-lived comics on the world scene, with hundreds of millions of copies sold in more than 120 countries and translated into 15 different languages. Spawn’s comic strip tells the story of Al Simmons, the CIA’s elite assassin, who is betrayed by the same agency he works for and is brutally murdered. Instead of dying, he decides to sell his soul to Hell to get a second chance and becomes Spawn: a sick soldier who fights the Underworld. Spawn will have the voice of Keith David, the original voice of ‘Todd McFarlane’s Spawn’, the series animated HBO Emmy Award winner.
- Shang Tsung is a Sorcerer and historic winner of the Mortal Kombat Tournament. Shang Tsung has sworn eternal loyalty to Shao Kahn in exchange for a dark power, but he was never a faithful servant. He dreams of the day when his magic will succeed in overwhelming Shao Kahn, and he would be willing to do anything to accomplish what he believes to be his destiny. The actor Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa who played the character in the popular 1995 film ‘Mortal Kombat’, returns to give his voice and his unmistakable facial features to the character. In addition, Â Shang TsungÂ will be available to visitors of the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) from 11 to 13 June in the South Hall at the WB Games booth (# 1023).
- Nightwolf , commonly known as Gray Cloud, was chosen by the Great Spirit to become the champion and protector of Matoka. Gray Cloud proved himself worthy by giving his life to prevent the last sacred artifacts of his tribe from being looted. Like Nightwolf, Gray Cloud has extraordinary magical powers provided by the Great Spirit to defend the Kingdom of the Earth.
- Sindel Â is the former queen of Edenia ready for anything to keep her place. In danger after the loss of his throne by Shao Khan, Sindel betrayed his husband and his people, to remain in his privileged position. Now, as the wife of Shao Kahn and Queen of the Outside Kingdom, she is more powerful than ever.
To learn more about the game, see our review of Mortal Kombat 11.