From the latest job offers emerges an initial picture of the next project of inXile Entertainment , the team led by Brian Fargo.
As noted by Twitter user Klobrille, the house American is hiring for a next-generation role-playing game, the work on which it should start after Wasteland 3.
inXile tidbits on what’s after Wasteland 3:
– Next-generation role-playing game
– Unreal Engine 4
– Houdini for procedural systems
– Experience with large, AAA teams and distributed development
– Team has been growing a lot during the last year (ca 100) .https: // t. co / MMZSr3dvRK
– Klobrille (@klobrille) January 27, 2020
The game in question would include a procedural component and would have a large triple-A team at their disposal, grown to around 100 uni in the last year.
In all likelihood this should be the project carried out already at the time of the acquisition by Microsoft, on which Fargo never wanted to go out of balance.
Wasteland 3 is on the launching pad for next May, after a brief postponement announced at the last E3, for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.