Invader Studios and publisher Leonardo Interactive have announced Daymare 1994 Sandcastle , a prequel to the survival horror Daymare 1998 .
Daymare 1998 made its debut in 2019 and is already ready to receive a new chapter, which will specifically tell the background.
The horror was born as a remake of Resident Evil 2 but, after a brief dispute, Invader Studios had “handed” the burden of the makeover to Capcom, which he had thanked among other things by inserting the Italian study in the end credits of the game.
The first Daymare was initially launched only on PC, where we appreciated its drive towards the world of the old school.
With Daymare 1994 Sandcastle , Invader Studios wants to continue its old school vein, delving into the history of HADES
Sandcastle will put us in the shoes of Special Agent Dalila Reyes , a former government spy now serving the agency on a mission to an advanced experimental research center in the United States.
These are its main features, as described on Steam:
- New characters and great returns – Take part in the top secret “Sandcastle” mission as the game’s main protagonist, Special Agent H.A.D.E.S. Dalila Reyes, and reconstruct the past of some of the most beloved characters from Daymare: 1998 .
- Deadly and frightening enemies – fight, kill and dismember the new enemies that stand between you and the resolution of his mission, so frighteningly intelligent, aggressive and realistic in every detail.
- Renewed interface – the D.I.D. it’s back, albeit in a whole new way. Manage inventory, ammo and health items directly from the new game interface never so simple and intuitive.
- Eye to the Scanner – thanks to the innovative device installed on Reyes’ arm, you can analyze portions of settings and thus reveal new puzzles to solve, collect secret documents and find hidden collectibles!
- Environmental puzzles – often the solution is right in front of your eyes! Search for all clues and solve environmental puzzles to obtain resources and collectibles.
- Are you sure he’s dead? – in Daymare: 1994 Sandcastle prepare to face the toughest and most aggressive enemies you’ve ever seen. And above all … even when you are sure you have killed them, you will discover how they can return in a whole new form and even more lethal than before!
- Immersive and breathtaking graphics, sound effects and soundtrack – thanks to the power of Unreal Engine 4, get ready for the most terrifying of experiences!
- Back to the 90’s … again! – if you loved the nostalgia effect of Daymare: 1998 , in Daymare: 1994 Sandcastle you will feel like you are living and playing an action / horror movie typically years’ 90. Get ready to go back in time with tributes, quotes and a frighteningly credible atmosphere with a retro flavor.
- Freeze! – There will be no shortage of guns, but get ready to equip one of the most innovative and powerful weapons ever created: the Frost Grip!
WARNING: it may contain liquid nitrogen.
- Veteran or freshman – choose the game difficulty that suits you based on your combat skills and your experience with survival horror. Either way, it’s going to be tough for the faint of heart!
The launch of the sequel to Daymare 1998 is scheduled for 2022 on a plethora of platforms, this time including PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox Series X | S and Xbox One.
This is not the debut of the franchise on console, since, albeit with an extra year of waiting, even the original title had landed there.
On the occasion of last year’s lockdown, just before that launch, Invader Studios had decided to donate 10,000 copies to help spend time in the safety of your own home.
Of course, there was no lack of crossovers with the inspiration material, with a character from Daymare 1998 playable in Resident Evil 2 thanks to a mod.
If you want to play the original instead, Resident Evil 2 is now available at a great price on Amazon