The Japanese public is particularly appreciating what Nintendo proposes with its Ring Fit Adventure . The game dedicated to exercise is in fact the best-selling of the week between January 27 and February 2, where it also precedes Pokémon Sword and Shield and Yakuza: Like a Dragon – who is “content” to close the podium, after the debut numbers.
The top 10 is largely occupied by Nintendo video games, we note from the charts published by Famitsu , with only two games for PlayStation 4 in the ranking. Below, all the data.
Best-selling games in Japan
Position. [Console] Title (publisher, releases) – sales (total)
- [NSW] Ring Fit Adventure (Nintendo, 10/18/19) – 30.111 (652.757)
- [NSW] Pokemon Sword / Shield (The Pokemon Company, 11/15/19) – 29.429 (3,379,737) li>
- [PS4] Yakuza: Like a Dragon (Sega, 01/17/20) – 21.158 (217.870) li>
- [PS4] Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot (Bandai Namco, 01/17/20) – 13.866 (129.072)
- [NSW] Dr . Kawashima’s Brain Training for Nintendo Switch (Nintendo, 12/27/19) – 11,958 (132,531)
- [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Nintendo, 12 / 07/18) – 10,592 (3,543,321)
- [NSW] Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition (Bundle Version Included) (Microsoft, 06/21/18) – 10,067 (1,243,560 )
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo, 04/28/17) – 9.810 (2,756,492)
- [NSW] Super Mario Party (Nintendo, 10/05/18) – 5,781 (1,330,145)
- [NSW] Splatoon 2 (Bundle Version Included) (Nintendo, 07/21 / 17) – 5,640 (3,306,848)
The best selling consoles of the week
The data relating to the games are obviously also reflected on the performance of the console market, with Nintendo Switch and Switch Lite which record very important numbers, compared to PS4 and PS4 Pro . At the end of the cycle also Nintendo 3DS , which in its various variants does not reach 600 units sold. Below are the complete rankings (in brackets the total installed base since the debut).
- Switch – 54.873 (10.754.337)
- Switch Lite – 21.049 (1,269,589)
- PlayStation 4 – 3,846 (7,397,250)
- PlayStation 4 Pro – 2,436 (1,435,533)
- New 2DS LL (including 2DS) – 552 (1,696,817)
- New 3DS LL – 47 (5,886,276)
- Xbox One X – 22 (18,891)
- Xbox One S – 16 (92,770)
In recent days, the Nintendo president had also anticipated that he did not have an enhanced version of Nintendo Switch in the pipeline for 2020 – and not to fear the arrival of the next-gen. For the moment, in fact, the hybrid console of the Kyoto house is going very positively on the home market, with many users who are choosing to take it home regardless of the arrival of the next generation consoles at the end of the year.